Candlelight

Tonight is the start of it all for our family - the first of several Christmas parties! Tomorrow is the second and from there it's just a crazy dance of gift-wrapping, cooking, lots of eating, and seeing some faces we haven't seen lately. But in the middle of it all, I have to admit there really is a magical feeling floating 'round these parts. It's been snowing off and on for several days so the afternoons are dim and the midnight hours are glowing. The scent of wood fires fills my nose as soon as I open the back door. Just running to the market all of sudden is a bit alluring. Twinkly lights everywhere. But coming home... oh, that's where I fall in love! A candle or two flickering away. Every room is a mess - but it's a good mess. The signs of a full house. The kids are sing-songish waiting for the time to pass so we can all pile into the truck (we'll pretend it's a sleigh tonight) and go over the river and through the woods. Mmm... tonight is the start of it all!
I read in Psalms this morning, "I am the Lord your God... Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it." (Ps 81:10). How full do you want to be?
P.S. I'm working on an Organized Home link for us. (Over on the left side) Let me know if you'd like me to add something.
Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover