Hoopla & Rollerskates

Oh Gracious! The thunder and the lightning last night!!! Did I say I love thunderstorms?? Perhaps I should have clarified that... I love the rolling thunder, summer rain kind of thunderstorms. I do not love the crashing and banging thunder with strobe light lightning. There's nothing quite like being startled out of a sound sleep by exploding thunder! We had so much rain last night that the dirt has washed away from the roots of one of the largest trees in our yard. We were fortunate that we did not get much water damage but I've heard that they are evacuating areas of the city due to flooding.

Before all the hoopla with the downpour started, my oldest son was at a barn roller skating party. Doesn't that sound delightful? He didn't bring skates (too cool, I suppose) but I think it's a great idea! In fact, when the thunder had me awake last night, I had time to consider it and I think it borders on romantic. Roller skating in a barn! Even during a thunderstorm!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! You have been Nominated for the "Nice Matters Award" please visit my blog at: http://lavenderhillstudio.blogspot.com/
    to accept the award and cut and paste it - to award to 7 more Nice people!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been quite a thunderstorm! Funnily enough we had a little one too!

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover