Afternoon Secrets


Don't tell anyone.... I wasted the whole day!! I'm ashamed to admit it but it's true. It started out innocently enough - Unpacking all the many boxes from our trip. And, really, it's something that I look forward to. I LOVE all those newspaper wrapped packages! In the blur of one thrift shop, resale boutique, bargain basement after another, I forget what I bought and really do look forward to unpacking all the goodies.
My mom stopped by and we got to talking about her hankering to paint everything an old, time-worn duckegg blue/green. After she left I was thinking about that one last canvas that I have and how I had intended to paint some roses on a duckegg background. Well... now you can see what I wasted the day on! Flat out silliness is all it is! Like I needed one more painting - especially one of my own. And I'm not even sure if I like it! In fact, I think it looks worse now that I've posted it than it did when I was just thinking about posting it!! But... I did get the whole kitchen to myself this afternoon and I wasn't cooking or doing dishes... Maybe just the act of secluding myself and not really thinking about anything is a little therapeutic. And my husband did pick up hamburgers (as clearly I was not making dinner). Hmmm... Maybe if I fiddle with it a bit more I'll like it better...
49) Art - in it's many forms
50) Roses - in all their many colors
51) Paints - for their ability to transform
52) Nature - where all the colors are real
53) God's artistic hand (I can't wait to see the home He has prepared for me!)
54) My husband's gentle (and tolerant) nature

2 comments:

  1. Polly,
    I wouldn't call it wasting the afternoon. Your roses are lovely! I adore that green background color too.
    Actually I wish I were that talented so I could "waste" more afternoons!
    Keep it up Polly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very sweet! I tweeked it a bit (added some highlights) and decided that I'll put it on ebay. Thank you for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover