Authenticity

This week I re-learned a valuable lesson...

Sometimes the authentic-looking thing is a better choice than the actual authentic thing. Case it point: Crested Urn $3 at Old Time Pottery

Chippy Bust - $4 at Old Time Pottery

I'm a firm believer that authentic bargains are just as valuable as authentic history! If we aren't thrifty with what we have, we won't be blessed with more.

Here's a verse that has stuck with me all week: You hoped for rich harvests, but they were poor. And when you brought your harvest home, I blew it away. Why? Because my house lies in ruins, says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, while all of you are busy building your own fine houses. Because no matter how we pretty up our homes (even thriftily), it's building of the body of Christ that really matters.


10 comments:

  1. I so agree, honey! Use what you have and be happy with it and you'll find true happiness. I always go for the cheap one if possible.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hear you! Great deals on those goodies, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this post!!
    KAREN EILEEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely things! Great deals! xo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! As much as we love fluffing our homes we can't lose sight of the fact that there are so many more important ways to use our time and money for God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly!!! Thanks so much for that comment on my post where you shared the photo link!!! OMGoodness!!! I have to ask you...Can I share that on Easter??? I will totally credit you and everything! I just think it will be PERFECT!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your post is so true.. I love it when I find inexpensive reproductions
    that feel authentic. Those finds were unbelievable!! We don't have any stores that sell great things like that so cheap here in Az!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is your old time pottery close to atlanta? I've been looking for a chippy statue. I am a homeschool mom gradute. All the kids are graduted anyway. My daughter and i just started an artistic business together last year. It is a great joy to create together! Please check out our blog hopelesslyromanticart.blogspot.com

    I just love your blog!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your post, so, so true. And I love your little saying for leaving comments. I'm going to borrow that saying, if you don't mind. Love your urn and your "chippy". Very nice for the money $$$!

    Have a wonderful Easter!
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover