"Violet, You're Turning Violet"

Because everything is not always going to come up roses...

God gave us violets!
Sometimes what we think is a stepping stone trips us up. Sometimes a change of environment forces us to remember: He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
A snipet of the book I'm reading that flowed like healing waters...
Father Tim has retired and agrees to serve as interim priest of a small church on Whitecap Island - hours away from his beloved small mountain town... "It was wonderful to see things he couldn't identify - why hadn't he been more of a traveler in his life, why had he clung to Mitford like moss to a log, denying himself the singular pleasures of the unfamiliar? ...In Mitford, hed felt tethered; tethered to Lord's Chapel, tethered to the rectory, tethered to the little yellow house. Here, he felt as if he were falling into space, tethered only to God."

14 comments:

  1. We have violets that grow in our yard...they are beautiful!

    I have read this whole series by Jan Karon and just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would move to Mitford in a minute! In this month's issue of Victoria, Jan Karon is a featured story. I was so pleased to learn that she is working on another series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanging head in shame... I must be the only vintage-y girl that has never read a Jan Karon book. I do love violets though!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polly,
    I adore those books and need to read her current ones, can't remember where I left off! She is now in Victoria as a featured writer, did you notice that!? I was so thrilled!
    Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!
    Big Hugs,
    Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've read all of Jan Karon's books, including "Home to Holly Springs." I've enjoyed them so much.

    I love violets, too. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lavendar or lilac is becoming one of my new favorite colors!!
    need to read the book as well,
    havent done any reading in a while,
    smiles,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for those beautiful snippets Polly! Your blog is always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore those Mitford books.
    Oh that there were more like them.
    I saw a little violet in my travels when last outside.....must go take a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love violets! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the simple way that you take such a thing such as a stepping stone and turn it into a sermon....... You have a gift with that....... I so appreciate your gift.............

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love visitin' with you and today is no exception. The show and tell is great especially the pink bike and the doll. Love the violets. Hugs, RoseMarie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are TRULY a **gift from God** Polly, you inspire all of us and are such a treasure! I love violets...one of my fav flowers.
    Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. You have such a way with words, and am ALWAYS inspired by you. I simply say THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there, just stopping in for a visit, you always have such wonderful snipits, reflections etc..... Love it! Have a wonderful evening ! Diana Lyn

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover