Making Straight Paths

I feel like I'm learning to ride a bike again! I'm suddenly back to homeschooling my teen. It was unexpected and we're in a bit of a tailspin trying to gather everything that needs to be finished up before the end of the school year. His health is fine, praise God. But it's a different necessary thing right now. I'm sorry that I can't explain more and I hope that you'll remember why. So, I apologize for having been scarce lately. It's been very hectic and difficult but we're moving on. You know what they say you should do when life gives you lemons...

We're making pink lemonade! Though we're a bit wobbly getting back on the bike, it's sweet having more time with him. Please keep us in your prayers as this is a detour from what we planned. However God did not take a detour so we know that even if it's off the beaten path, He is going before us. I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, And not forsake them. (Is 42:16)



P.S. I found this bike along the side of the road and when I asked the neighbors, they told me that they found it in their bushes. They put it by the road 3 days ago and since no one claimed it, "Take it home", they said!

13 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to stop by to tell you how much I love your blog and your site.
    I have a 14 year old son and boy I wish he came with a instruction manual!
    Sending big (((hugs))) your way :-)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polly,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers - sending big hugs your way! LOVE the pink bike, I would have knabbed that one too!
    Anita~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Polly,
    Homeschool mom of 16 yr. old here to say, bless you my dear! I will be praying for you daily, I already do but will add the school bit on too...
    You can email me to "talk" if you need to: buildingchick21@yahoo.com
    XXOO,
    Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bike! Reminds me of the lovely one I had as a girl!

    Wishing you patience & strength as you head back into homeschooling.

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Definitely right place at the right time for the bike!
    Homeschooling is definitely a challenge, especially during the teen years, but so worth it. We graduated our dd #1 and started again with dd #2 the same year. Completely new experience.

    I've rec'd my first award. I'd like to pay it forward to you. If you've already rec'd this one, just know I was thinking of you!
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that verse about straight paths......and I love to remember how God used the time Joseph's brothers and Potipher's wife had done their worst, but God triumped gloriously in his life. Prison was a strange detour, but God made it His path. He will lead and enable you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweet Polly,

    I will be praying for you. God's plans are perfect and I know that he will guide each and every step along your way. I love the bike :) :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bike!!!

    I'll pray for you, Polly. Sounds like you are being a good mom...

    Blessings,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. A found pink bike...oh My! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so nice to meet you Polly and thank you for your offer on my banner. We "are" like-minded bloggers and I am lifTING you uP in my prayers. I STAND in faith with you. :) Just crank up the Praise Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never homeschool my kids... I have a friend who homeschool her child...I know it's got to be tuff...Love the pink bike. looks like a bike I had when I was a kid...except mine was yellow. I loved it.
    I got my dog bones quilt in the mail yesterday. Love them.. and the tags and little book with verses are so cute. Thanks. Very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Polly!

    Our plan is to go back to homeschooling our 16 year old this fall (her choice) and I looked into online programs for her. I don't know if you've explored that option yet.

    Everything happens for a reason and I will keep you in my prayers!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover