My Shoppe Prayer List Contact Visit our Open-Air Shop at these Markets French Cupboard Boutiques

Vintage Housekeeping Tips

I'm having so much fun accessorizing my sewing room! And now that it's almost done, I'm starting to think toward the next project room. But today I must work on the all the homemakerly things that I've been neglecting.
I got a pretty good night of sleep and felt ready to start tackling the dirt! I've gathered the trash from the various places the kids always stash the trash. I didn't find too many dirty socks this time so I was feeling almost caught up already! I've done all the dishes. I made my bed and picked up the air mattress from the sleepover that the kids had last night (no extra kids this time, they just like to call it a sleepover and sleep in a different room). I cleared the counters and nagged my son enough times to take the dogs out that I may as well have done it myself. I dished out the breakfast and then the morning snack. I started laundry and sighed in frustration as I realized that there were several loads to be folded on the laundry room table. So... I left them there and moved on to things I could accomplish more quickly.

I started clearing away a stack of books and magazines when I came across Heloise's Housekeeping Hints. So, of course, I had to stop the housekeeping and read some hints... Here's a helpful quote: Salt Away That Smell...Did you know that if you add a teaspoon of salt to the warm water when sprinkling clothes they won't smell of mildew when the ironing is not done on time? Perhaps I shall not complain about my abbreviated effort at doing laundry ever again. Perhaps if I had to iron that whole table full of clothes I would not have left them there to begin with. But perhaps if I add salt to the washing detergent, I could leave the clothes in the washer a bit longer... =)

1 comment:

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover