Longing

"Oh that I might have my request, that God would grant me the thing that I long for..." I received this text message this morning from my sister. How is it that the most perfect words still leave longing in my heart? I'm sure that I'm no different from many of you. We all have something or someone out there that if we could pull it closer we would. Just barely out of grasp... is nearly the worst distance there is!

Each of our situations are different. What we long for... that thing that feels like sunshine and rain at the same time... it's different for each of us. My husband had a burden that many, many share. He had a 2 hour drive to work each day that left our whole family longing for more time together. (That's my son waiting for daddy to get home) After years and years of praying, daddy works from home now and all day is peeking out the office window as his son yells, "Watch this trick, dad!"

For some it's longing for a different job, better job, to be home with our children... For some it's a relationship - perhaps one that's been lost or perhaps one we'd like to experience. For some it's a personal achievement... our spiritual growth, our weight, our looks (not that you'd want pink hair -lol- but if you'd like a handpainted mannequin, visit pvxtra)... For some it's a past that doesn't ever fully leave us. I have an ex-husband. I'm praying very earnest and serious prayers for the release of the hold he has on our lives - my family - my young son.
It's hard to talk or write or share about things that hurt and frighten us. When it's so gripping that every word said or written is a risk, it's safe with God. Place your cause before Him and "You shall know that your tent is in peace; You shall visit your dwelling and find nothing amiss." I'm discovering that as I place these things before Him, one word at a time, there's sweet joy. If you don't know how to talk to Him, start with "I don't know how to talk to you, but..."

9 comments:

  1. Your post really spoke to me. I couldn't agree more. One of my recent posts was about being thankful for my blessings. My ever-increasing faith is one of them. I know that my husband's new job which enables me to stay at home was only given to us by our Creator. Sure PSC hired him. But God gave him the job. And incidentally, my sister lives in SC. I miss her so much my heart aches. But I just vacationed with her and we talk on the phone. I feel your pain and your joy in getting that text message. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Polly thanks for sharing all of your wonderful thoughts and artistic ideas(:) Love your taste!!
    Patty V----pvxtra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising with you, Nummie's Attic! Every good thing comes down from Him and He's able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think!! More blessings than I can count (though I contiue to try)... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Polly I'm so pleased that you got that text message this morning, and what a thought-provoking post you posted today! You are so right-we do have so much to be thankful for, don't we!

    Speaking of being thankful, I posted some photos of my lovely presents from you on my blog today, with a link to your blog-hope that's o.k.! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Makes you think and be thankful. Thanks! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no Sophie, I would just HATE for you to say kind things about me or gush on about my blog... =) -Polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polly, you truly live out loud on your blog. I am sure it is a step of faith as you lean on the Lord.

    It is so refreshing because you speak what I, and I am sure many others, feel at times. That despair that a relationship could ever be redeemed and called 'good' again. That in this brokenness Joy could ever be had again.

    Please keep on writing because even though it is Your words and Your searching we read and understand, it is My heart and Their hearts that are being healed and our Faith strengthened by your living and walking it out.

    And to think it was only two words, a text message for goodness sake. Wow, I am relieved for you. Though I know there is more to walk through, there is indeed Hope.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, I can't even tell you how your comment moved me! Although I still hold back out of fear, what I show is sometimes a bit raw. It means something that it matters to you. Thank you! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right! And I have found, that when you do these things, he really listens! :) Have a great day and I have enjoyed your blog! Sophie directed me here and Im glad she did!

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover