On The Up Side

It all started a little more than a week ago when we ventured out to our historic neighborhood sales. I look forward to it every year. Alley after alley of vintage garages & carriage houses filled with treasures.

If you have followed my blog for very long, you may have noticed that I take a picture from this same spot every year. It's my favorite of all the stops.

We had lunch just outside of a hugenormous (that'a word, right?!) Victorian house. Every window is done in yummy lace.


After lunch we all seemed to tire out so we called it a day and went home to rest.

And a few hours later we had a house full of throwing up people. And it continued for a week!

Ending with my youngest being in the hospital.

So, we're moving a little slow here at the Blessing Farmhouse but we're finally moving again. Slow or not, we're grateful to be getting well. I am playing catch-up with email, shipping orders out and also mailing some of the gifts from the Alice party

On the up side, we had lots of family time!

10 comments:

  1. YUCK... glad everyone is feeling better :) Have a wonderful week.

    Smiles and Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh dear!
    Was it food poisening? Never something you want to get...so sorry for you and yours:(
    Happy to hear you're all on the mend...missed you ~ and the lace window looks like a view from the secret garden.
    extra xo's, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The window is my favorite! but what happened to the Famiglia? Was it a virus? Take care Polly...Ciao Rita mammabellarte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have all been sick. Glad that you are better now. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope your little one is okay. I'm glad you say everyone is feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUCK...so sorry that you ALL were so sick..I do believe that is was food poison..
    Take care and glad you all are feeling better.
    What goodies did you find?
    Warmly,
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... oh I do hope everybody gets well soon ...

    sorry I've been missing in action ... finishing all my projects for the nada farm sale

    missn u

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures but I am so sorry for the sickness......... those bugs are nasty...... Glad that things are better....... I would so love some vintage lace..... any idea where I could find some?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you all got sick...but happy to hear everyone is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear you all got sick from what sounded like such a beautiful day together. I'm especially sorry your little one had to go to the hospital.:( I'm glad to hear you're all starting to feel better, though.:) Wishing you all well. Take care, ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover