Friday Forms

It's a Flea Market extravaganza today!! There are 50 blogs participating in the Show Your Dress Form party today AND there's 45 sellers participating in Friday Flea Market! I thought it would be fun to make my Flea Market items all about dressforms/mannequins so I've got a little mix of show-n-tell with show-n-sell. (If an item is for sale, it'll say "click here to purchase").



Rosy is actually a boy mannequin but I've given her some "girls" by stuffing a bra (but don't tell her that they aren't real)



This infant dress form is left over from the days of designing baby clothing. She lives in my daughter's room now.



Flapper Style Mannequin Heads - available for purchase HERE



Set of Corset Tags - available for purchase HERE



This lamp is super easy to make - just a wire dressform from Hobby Lobby and a hanging light set!



Handmade mini-form (great for a pincushion) - available for puchase HERE.



And the Victorian version - available for purchase HERE.



Set of Corset Tags - available for purchase HERE



This is my lastest gal. She's a vintage Saks mannequin. I gave her a little tea-staining (just tea in a spray bottle) - You should've seen our shower when I got done!



Sweet little ringbox - available for purchase HERE



Set of Corset Tags - available for purchase HERE

A fun graduation gift for a young sewing friend - filled with notes of "life" advice.




This gal came up with a great one! A weekend project - make a dress form based on your own figure!



I've been working my tail off (and pulling my hair out) this week but soon Thriftyville will be less costly. In the meantime, it's still available through blurb but if you wait... the new version has 10 more pages and loads more pictures. I promise, it'll be ready soon.




205) That He made my form in His own image. What's this list about?)

31 comments:

  1. Those are all quite lovely and "fancy", sweetpea. My true form of this bod would look like something from outer space and quite possibly scare the bejeebers outta anyone viewing it! However, you have given me inspiration to try and make something quite delicious!
    Smoochies,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polly,
    Wonderful post today - love your "latest gal" - she is so awesome...pretty, yet simple and how creative to spray her with tea to tea stain her...I may have to try that on one of my many mannys!!
    Anita~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Polly ~ Love your forms...and those tags and mini dressforms are too cute!
    Have a wonderful weekend, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful fun! Loved seeing all your forms for decoration and for sale. Especially loved thankful list today and the scripture. Too perfect!
    Hugs,
    Lallee
    PS A form of myself would scare me to death right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some lovely forms and they are dressed so pretty. I have never seen a baby one before. Cute tags too!
    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your dress forms Polly! What beauties you have. The mini forms are just adorable :)

    Karen at Ciderantiques

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Polly!
    WOW! ~ YOU NEVER DISAPPOINT that is for sure! Love it all and the tags are fabulicious!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always had a secret fear of headless, armless dress forms, but yours look very friendly...

    And I am soooo very tempted by the corset cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baby form is darling! And Rosey is a boy cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress forms are just wonderful. I really love the one you made into a lamp. Have a wonderful day.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A vintage SAKS dress form! To die for. You lucky gal.

    Just imagine whoever looked at her in her heyday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pure dress form loveliness! Great post, thanks for sharing all!
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress form drawing is awesome!
    Your dress forms are also great!
    Thanks for your visit to my blog and for your lovely comment!
    Have a great weekend,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dress forms are cute but I LOVE your corset tags! So awesome!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Polly,
    You sure are a creative gal :) Plus your family and BOOK. I'll get your new version... WOW. Have a great weekend. I think I'm at Blessing 30-ish. :) With hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great blog! I love these blog parties, so fun to meet new people.
    Too funny giving your boy manny some "girls", hehe...
    The infant form is darling
    I love your corset tags!
    Thanks for visiting today,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hasn't this just been the most fun party!?!

    I love all your new items, very chichi frou frou!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Polly,
    Love your site. It is beautiful. Thank you for the free banner. Just wanted to let you know I am using one for my blog until I figure out how to make my own. You have such beautiful things. You are very talented and blessed. Thank God for people like you.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  19. any form I've ever had, I've sold and now I'm sad...that I had and I'm so sad..the forms are bye bye, gone...and I'm sad

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your creativity is amazing, Love them all. Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Polly that is a fabulous DRESSFORM post..THUMBs up ~!!
    hugs Patty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the dress forms, but the last one is my favorite! Hug***Renea

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fake breasts! She must be from Hollywood cuz they ALL have fake ones down there! LOL!

    Your dress forms are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are some amazing and beautiful dress forms! WOW! What a great post. I've enjoyed dress form friday quite a bit with the one's I've seen. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I hope you post your pics of tatted lace. I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely Polly
    I have a dress form
    but she is now naked

    I hope to get her fancy
    soon..
    love to you
    deena

    ReplyDelete
  27. your forms are all so lovely! You are so lucky to have so many. I love your vintage saks one! Thanks for helping me and nadia out!
    xoxo, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very sweet child's form! Love your corset tags. So ingenious!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sorry I deleted my last post...I didn't realize I was signed into my husband's blogger account. Oops. Anyway...You have a beautiful imagination. Everything is so gorgeous. I enjoyed your blog so much today. Love, Wyanne

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover