He Loved Me First

I read this Saturday and it seemed like a fitting closing to our paperie...
When I was in the sixth grade, I looked over at a little girl named Joyce Louise Gentry and I wrote her a love note. Then, I walked past her desk and dropped it at her desk. She's now Joyce Louise Rogers. She's my bride and my beloved.
That little note made such an impression on her that she still has it in a little scrapbook. It must have been good! But you know, from that time on she began to take an interest in me. Do you know why she loves me? I first loved her.
Do you know what the Bible is? It is God's love letter to you. It is God saying to you, I have set my eye upon you. I love you!


P.S. Just a quick note... If you didn't get the email this morning about the papercraft sale that JoAnn's is having today, go here.

14 comments:

  1. Happy day to you, Polly! Love, Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed Sunday grace to you- wonderful post!

    smiles,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you and your on this Sunday. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Polly,

    I hope you had a blessed and peaceful Sunday. I love that new pic of you by the way :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing!! Yes... So many people need to hear this truth!
    hugs
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet story. Whose is it? I'm always reminded of John 3:16 the ever famous scripture. But it doesn't say For God kinda loved the world. It says For God so loved the world.

    Thanks for sharing Polly! Hope your household is feeling better!!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Polly....I hope your weekend was wonderful!
    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful love story.

    I was in Joann's on Saturday. It was packed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very sweet! We often forget to love first and expect to be loved. Thanks for reminding me of that.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. SWEEET!!!
    ...And he knows every hair on our head (that would be so hard with me too because mine is ever-changing LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Polly...
    Wishing you many Happy days!
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

Something worth sharing...
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
-- Author Unknown

Looking for something that used to be on the sidebar? Click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover